Thursday, September 20, 2012

Another Big – Important Meeting Tonight!

I understand there’s a Park Ridge Park Board meeting tonight.  The subjects include the Youth Campus and Senior Center problems.

The common thread connecting these two subjects is money, or to be more specific, the acquisition of taxpayers money.

Now, I understand a shindig by the “Parks Legacy Group” is to be held on October 7th to raise some cash for the Youth Campus.  

In support of Boards current fundraising efforts, might I suggest they add for consideration, an additional item onto tonight's agenda. 

A Park Ridge Park District Park Board New Clubhouse Variety Show!

A moneymaker there if there ever was one.  Don’t you think?

Well, I searched around the Internet and found these nifty clubhouse variety show examples to get their creative juices flowing:

 

 

 

And maybe if they’re good enough, Commissioners can spin part of it off and take it on the road.

On second thought, maybe not such a good idea after all!

Of course, its just my opinion.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You ought to know that this "Parks Legacy Group" has nothing whatever to do with the Park Board -- BY LAW. It is a private citizens' advocacy group. One Park Commissioner is involved as a private individual (sorry, no; it's not Biagi or Ryan)and staff is allowed to provide the facts, drawings, etc. but not advocacy. Feel free to start an anti-Youth Campus Park group. Or perhaps just an anti-youth group? LOL

Kenneth Butterly said...

Anon: September 22, 2012 4:31 PM,
Looks like someone on the Board is really uncomfortable about my including “Parks Legacy Group” into this post!

In truth, I forgot a Board Member (as an individual, of course), was part of the “advocacy” group. Too bad it wasn’t Biagi or Wynn-Ryan who would have brought gravitas to the effort. Unfortunately, “Parks Legacy Group” will have to do with what it has.

Now, my reason for placing that PR-Puff: “Now, I understand a shindig by the “Parks Legacy Group” is to be held on October 7th to raise some cash for the Youth Campus.” in my post was to give “Parks Legacy Group” free publicity as well as to provide a segway into the main part of my piece. If you noticed, I even linked the original article on “The Patch”, a local Internet-based news organization I support, since local printed news organizations do such a poor job, in my opinion.

As to feeling “…free to start an anti-Youth Campus Park group. Or perhaps just an anti-youth group?”; I suggest there are enough anti-age-group comments flowing around this town for my liking.

Anonymous said...

You specifically referred to "the Board's fundraising efforts" in the paragraph immediately following the yellow-highlighted mention of the fundraiser.

Even you, Ken, should be able to see why somebody might correct your intentionally misleading and erroneous assumption here.

You can say the Board's mother dresses them funny or whatever other nonsense you want to cook up. But when you untruthfully say they are violating the law, that's another kettle of stinking fish guts altogether, and watchdogs will call you on it.

Kenneth Butterly said...

Is that You Bob?

You of all people know I call a spade a spade. If I thought they violated a law I would have said so. If you want to read more into the sentences placement I can't stop you!

Best!

Robert J. Trizna said...

Ken:

And you of all people should know that I don't comment on this blog anonymously.