Thursday, November 22, 2012

On this Thanksgiving… Update: 11/22/2012

Original Post

On this Thanksgiving, I would like to give thanks for having had the opportunity to write this blog and for the readers and commenters who’ve participated over the last 12 months.

35,000 Views

A couple days ago, Butterly on Senior Issues passed the 35,000 view mark. Can you imagine two years ago, this single-story blog reaching this mark?

I know I didn’t! 

Of course, this blogs success does not rest on my shoulders alone.

For my part, I’ve tried to make these posts interesting, attractive, informative and entertaining; something different from other local bloggers, by using videos, graphics and official documents to support my findings and/or opinions. However, in the end, any success this site has achieved ultimately belongs to you; and on this Thanksgiving let me say thank you to those who’ve invested their time reading and commenting.

Special thanks!

Finally, a special thanks to Jim O’Brien, Mary Wynn-Ryan and Rick Biagi who gave this blog its start and who’s wacky Board-related activities have kept it going.

35,000 views would not have been possible without them!

To all of you, Happy Thanksgiving!

Of course, its just my opinion.

Update Begins Here

It’s been suggested I start an additional blog “The Park District Tattler” since PRPD Boards judgment is in question on other expensive and important issues beside the Senior Center debacle.

Be honest now!

What do you think?

Good idea?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Butterly,

My wife and I are long time citizens of Park Ridge and have been following your blog from the beginning. I don’t always agree with you but your blog is informative, witty and entertaining and I think 35,000 views is quite a milestone considering you only talk about one thing. So congratulations! I like your idea of another blog; however I think another blog only discussing the arrogant Board “activities” might not be enough when Park Ridge politics have so much to offer. Might I suggest TIFF’s or Centennial Pool or maybe Mayor Schmidt’s political problems?

Anonymous said...

What happened to your other screed/blog against the school districts? You already have another blog, don't you? Or are you aiming for a trifecta, schools, park district and perhaps a new one on the City? You'll have to compete with Mr. Trizna, who can spell. Better reconsider.

Kenneth Butterly said...

Anon: November 27, 2012 3:54 PM,

For the moment I’ve given up writing about school districts; specifically, East Maine School District #63.

I came to the conclusion that no additional writing on my part would affect to outcome and that EMSD#63 would continue to remain a mediocre school system at best.

If after eight years, parents were still unwilling to go to board meetings to demand the best of their Board and School Administration, then, there was nothing more I could do or say.

As to aiming for a trifecta – well, I’ll leave that to Bob Trizna.

Now Anon, I would like to thank you for sharing your eagle-eye. Every blog should have a nitpicker like you to keep it honest and make it better.

So thanks!

Helen Roppel said...

Congratulations on your new milestone of 35,000 views. You've developed quite a following.

Regarding another blog, I'd love to read another blog on everything going on in Park Ridge. I think a blog simply about the Park Distict Board might serve a purpose, but think you'd have many more topics to discuss if you broadened your horizons a bit to include everything in Park Ridge. You'd have a pethora of subjects to write about.