Friday, March 25, 2011

Still knockin!

It’s been 11 days since my last “"Knock, knock”!  

Back then, I gently pulled the Board/Administration’s chain, because the Board and Administration failed to post on the Park Ridge Park District’s (PRPD) Website, the Board Meeting Minutes for a couple vitally important meetings held over 30 days earlier. 

At the time, I chose not to link any particular motive to this inaction on the part of the Board or Administration.  But now, however, I must ask if there is a motive for this inaction.

This is the political season in Park Ridge, and has been for the last three months. 

Maybe protecting Board incumbents is more important than informing the public of their meeting activities.   Considering these meetings dealt, in part, with the Senior Center Contract and City of Park Ridge’s proposed detention pond at North Park, two volatile subjects affecting several thousand Park Ridge citizens, I can see why.

How much longer must we wait?

The PRPD, to my knowledge, has always posted their Board Meeting Minutes in a timely manner and on time. 

Meeting
Date

Days Ago

Days
Overdue

Feb. 8, 2011

45

17

Feb. 9, 2011

44

16

Feb. 17, 2011

36

8

I asked you-all to fix this problem back on March 14th.  So, please have the staff take a few minutes to remedy the situation.  I would hate to resort to having to use the Freedom of Information Act to solve this on-going issue.

Of course, it’s only my opinion!

No comments: